Hiking holiday at the Hotel Alpendorf
Hiking in the Gernkogel hiking and mountain pasture areaOn your own or in pairs, with the whole family or well guided in a group with the host family. Mountain hiking links, relaxes and strengthens body and soul.
The Gernkogel hiking and mountain pasture area offers well signposted hiking trails for every taste: whether a relaxed family hike or an extended high alpine tour. Comfortable mountain pasture farms and mountain huts invite you to come on in and have a mountain ‘Jause’ snack.
Your hiking advantages at the Hotel Alpendorf at a glance
- Guided hike 6 times a week
- A Hotel Alpendorf hiking book describing and recommending the loveliest tours in the region
- Hiking poles for hire
- Over 70 mountain pasture huts serving food within half an hour’s car drive
- The Unterkofler family is an enthusiastic hiking family. We are happy to give you advice on the best hiking tours!
- Sale of hiking tickets directly from the Hotel Alpendorf
- Hiking shuttle service with the hotel bus: e.g. set off from St. Johann and arrive at Großarl? We will pick you up with our hotel bus.
- Cable car hiking: The Hotel Alpendorf is only 150 m away from the gondola cableway Alpendorf. Once up there there’s a wonderful and sweeping mountain panorama awaiting you.
- Hiking trails at the Hotel Alpendorf
- Books on mountain pasture flowers, illustrated books of the region and much more to borrow
- A number of specialised sporting shops in St. Johann, in case you want to improve on your hiking gear!
Whether relaxed hiking or group peak tours - there’s something for everyone here with us. We are looking forward to great hikes with you!
There where the air and water is at its purest are not only the extreme sporting enthusiasts, dairy farmers, sheep and chamois “out and about”, there are also families on holiday who love the feeling of boundless freedom and peace up in the “airy heights”.