Salzburg mountain pasture summer
No other region in Austria has as many mountain pasture huts as the Salzburger Land region. On a total of 1800 mountain pasture farms the Salzburg region's farmers tend a quarter of the land's surface. 67,000 head of cattle, 13,000 sheep, 3,000 horses and over 1,000 goats spend the summer on the mountain pastures.
The mountain pasture paradise in the Salzburger Land region
The selection of mountain pasture huts serving food in the Salzburger Land region is unbeatable. 550 comfortable huts invite hikers and mountain bikers. And practically everywhere you'll find products made right there on the farm such as bread, cheese, butter, milk, juices, spirits and much more. After a strenuous ascent you've more than earned these treats!
Mountain pasture summer in Salzburger Land
- Large selection of mountain huts serving food
- Tasting of hearty mountain pasture "Jause" snacks made from homemade products
- Guided hikes on mountain pastures and mountains
- Hiking rucksack and poles for hire
- Hiking bottle for free fill-ups at the juice bar
- Free hiking snacks in the hotel in the afternoon
- Hiking room with boot warmer
- Hiking library